Monday, November 21, 2011

In that place

I stand at a dead end, facing nothing but a towering wall,
There’s no turning back from here, no roundabout, nothing.
And, what lies  beyond I cannot see.
Distressed, anxious, I wait, but with a growing impatience.
Do I wait for this wall to collapse, or do I look for a way across this insurmountable obstacle.

So many questions – why, when, and how?
Where do I search for these answers? Who holds the torch to my feet?
Oh, I stand on such flimsy, shaky ground.
Who will come and snatch me from this sinking sand,
from the jaws of inevitable doom.
Emptiness, confusion reigns.
False ideas, idols of money and recognition only take me
deeper into this labyrinth of nothingness.

But what, when time, money, and friends pass?
Soon, the giggles and the aimless wandering must come to an end.
This labyrinth has ceased to hold my awe.

“What am I living for? ” I ask myself.
Who is it, then, if not all the astrologers, the scholars, and wise men
from the east and west -
who unlocks the answer to every question that pounds in my head?

Is it not He who holds the stars in his hands? The uncreated one.
Who envisaged the universe, with its myriad constellations and mysterious ways - the things
that eyes have not seen and ears have not heard?
Who had His hand on my life before I ever stepped into this world;
the one who knows my name and my innermost desires?
Yes, He is the one who shall direct my paths; lift me up from the miry clay and
put me on solid ground. 

The rock of my salvation, the author and perfecter of my faith.
He has not brought me this far, for nothing…
I will rise like the eagle and soar with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment